After much raving and requests, we decided to share our much-loved Nutella and ricotta cheesecake recipe. Just promise not to make it better than us!
50g melted butter
150g digestive biscuits
50g Amaretti biscuits
Sunflower oil, for greasing
6 tbsps milk
500g tub of Ricotta cheese
300ml pot of double cream
50g icing sugar
2 large eggs, separated
Portico Nutella and Ricotta Cheesecake in 10 Simple Steps:
- Heat the oven to Gas mark 6/200C/180C (fan assisted).
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Finely grind the the biscuits, stir in the butter and then press very firmly into the base of a 20cm round loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Bake for 6 mins. Cool, then wipe around the inside of the tin with a little oil on kitchen paper.
- Warm the Nutella in a bowl over steaming water until spreadable (ok, more spreadable). Smooth evenly over the biscuit base.
- Beat the ricotta, cream, milk, sugar and egg yolks together. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites.
- Stir the ricotta mixture, then gently fold in the egg whites.
- Carefully pour onto the cooled biscuit base.
- Cover the tin with cling film then chill until firm, preferably overnight.
- Now, for the most important bit, enjoy!
We know you’ve not all had chance to sample some of our culinary delights so we thought we’d bring some of our finest Cafe Portico creations to you!
Cafe Portico Chocolate Cake Cafe Portico Platter